Remember last December 07, we hav a fun-time together at Yishun Junior College for our first and ever ESN Carnival? Well, gald that you remember! Guess what, they are back this year with more games stalls and participating agencies from elderly sector as well. This year, the carnival theme is "Love, Care and Hope"
The main objective of the carnival is to infuse a sense of togetherness as a community of volunteers serving the elderly sector, to promote sharing, interactions and learning among volunteers and beneficiaries alike, and to provide an afternoon of beyond volunteering experience of fun, cheer and company to the elderly by the combined efforts of volunteers. It is going to be a fun and interactive event comprising of carnival stalls (food, craft, games and bazaar), activities such as photo-taking with mascot and handicraft demonstrations, a mini-concert, and last but not least, lucky draw where the beneficiaries get to walk away with goodies such as grocery items and other basic necessities.
Thou, these 4-lettered, "Love, Care and Hope" seems easy to spell however it takes quite a bit of effort to show to our family, friends, elderly or even neighbors. Well of course we are not into what these words means as i bet that you guys know it better than I can describe.
In any case, today we are sharing on how you can help us in the upcoming carnival...
Date: 27 Sept 08 (Saturday)
How is SILRA involved??
- We will be manning a handicraft booth showcasing, Salt bottles made by Uncles & Aunties, Ah Kow’s rattan handicraft and tissue paper carrier sow by Aunties.
- We will also be having a game stall:
How we would like you to be involved?? (please revert okie..)
- Handicrafts preparations do join us for our upcoming Saturdays to engage the residents to continue our Salt Bottle.
- Banner Design (to provide assistance in piecing up our Creative Director idea on banner etc)
Actual Day of Carnival:
- Bringing our residents out to/fro YJC; (27 Sept-> Time: 12.45 pm - 5.00pm)
- Helping to man our Game and Handicraft stall (27 Sept-> Time: 8 pm - 4.30pm)
Other information that you should be aware of??This is not a fund raising event, non-profitable, but the coupon sales earned from handicraft booths will be returned to the respective agencies.
Lastly, we are also in the midst of sourcing for sponsors to cover the costs involved.
Alternatively, if you have a great idea and its bursting or burning to share, do drop us a few liners. We look forward to hear from you soon!